Interested in the Sew-a-long? Well, I don’t blame you. This is going to be really, really fun. Everyone loves the 50 states! It took me a long time to get these up and running. I’ve been working on perfecting the patterns and now they’re finally ready. All 50. Phew!
There are 50 weeks in a year, and 50 states. Yes, it’s a fairly big undertaking. But, if you do one per week you will receive a fabulous prize. In fact, anyone that finishes will receive a prize, just for finishing, even if you haven’t done it in the required time frame. However, it must be finished 6 months after the end date. Start date is January 1, 2019, end date is December 31, 2019. You will have until the end of June, 2020 to still receive a prize, though it is lessened due to being late.
Discounted dates to purchase the independent grouping is December 1-31. At that time all patterns for the states will be $2. (normal price is $5 each).
Here’s how it will work:
- Let me know via email or connect with me through this website under the contact link that you want to do the sew-a-long.
- You will pay the $35 through my Etsy site. If you do a search for “sew-a-long” it will come up. You will not download anything at that time, I will send you your patterns via email. It is just for payment and record keeping.
- There are several levels of the sew-a-long. You can do a) the full 50 state sew-a-long, or b) a smaller grouping ie: midwestern states, southern states, etc. Choose your level on the site.
- You can also customize the sew-a-long, but it will cost a bit more, as you will be buying the states and paying for them individually. They will be significantly discounted however, for the time period that the sew-a-long sign-up period is active.
For those doing the full 50 state sew-a-long, you will have a full year to do it. 50 states, 50 weeks in a year.
- Each time you finish a state, you will post it on instagram with the hashtag #paperpiecingthestates.
- Points are given that accumulate toward multiple prizes.
- Each month that you finish one per week, and they are posted to instagram, you will have a prize mailed to you. (prizes have not fully been determined, but they promise to be sewing and fabric related, and worth it!)
- If you finish the year, and have all 50 states done, you will receive a gift card that is usable either via my Etsy site or my brick and mortar shop for $50.
- The blocks are the only thing necessary for completion. They do not have to be sewn into a project. Just complete the blocks.
- Each month, 4 patterns will be emailed to you as PDF downloads. You must have a working computer and email address to participate.
- If you are local, we can print them for you but that would necessitate coming in to the shop and picking them up.
- So, you will receive a once a month great prize and a $50 gift certificate at the end!
For those doing the Smaller Grouping sew-a-long:
- You will have 6 months to finish a grouping of 12 states.
- You will purchase the grouping from my Etsy site for $24. They are predetermined groupings. There is a listing for these on Etsy. There will be a) Midwestern Grouping b) Southern State Grouping c) Western State Grouping d) Plains States grouping e) Northeastern state grouping
- If you are independently choosing your states, you need to choose 12 of them to participate and they will be offered at the discounted price during the sew-a-long purchase period. The same rules will apply to yours as the other small grouping sew-a-long.
- Each time you finish a state and post it to Instagram using the hashtag #paperpiecingthestates you will accumulate point which will result in a prize at the end of the 6 months. This will be a gift card that can be used on my Etsy site as well as in store for $20.
- ******If you choose the Northeastern group, you receive additional points for an additional prize due to the complexity of the patterns.
- Hawaii can be purchased ala carte.
Here is the finished quilt top. It’s not yet quilted, but it was a ton of fun.