Whooooo wants to help us out? Once again, we will be doing a tree for the Enchanted Forest. What is the Enchanted Forest? Well, it’s a display of beautiful Christmas Trees that are all together in one place during Dickens of a Christmas. This is a weekend long celebration of the businesses and schools in our beautiful little town. It is a festival of sorts. There are lots of things to do, and lots of fun to be had.
Check it out here.
The Enchanted Forest is a fund raiser, and it is produced by a non-profit organization. All of the proceeds go toward a good cause. With that in mind, Bungalow is sponsoring a tree again this year. Here is an image of the trees all together last year.
So, here’s what we’re doing. We are giving out a free pattern of the shape of an owl. Come in and get your pattern and also a piece of Cuddle. This will be provided free of charge.
- Pick up your Cuddle and Pattern between now and November 30th.
- Take your pattern and cuddle home and cut out the owl from the cuddle.
- Find a small piece of fabric for the back of the owl and apply stabilizer or interfacing to give it some “oomph”. Cut out the owl shape.
- No need to sew it right sides together. Just lay the cuddle and the backing fabric wrong sides together and stitch around the outside. You can use a decorative stitch or anything you want to. The sky’s the limit!
- Before sewing it together, you will need to add a hanger in between the layers. A small loop of either yarn or decorative thread works.
- Add googly eyes, or make your own eyes. Get creative!
- Must use the pattern provided.
- Bring your owl back in before December 2nd. When you bring it back to the Bungalow, you receive a coupon for 20% any fabric! (Does not apply to minky or silk dupioni, or commercial pre-cuts)
This will be so much fun to see these owls! Post them on Instagram and Facebook with the hashtag #dickensowl
Here’s my owl. As of this writing, the dog grabbed it off the table and chewed off the feather wings. UGH!!!!